Friday, January 7, 2011

The Zen of Cub

Seems everybody who's done any kind of flying has a J3 Cub lurking somewhere in their psyche.
just after hand-propping: photo courtesy Michael Bradford
A most evocative rendering of the mystique of flight in a Cub comes in the form of a poetic blog by Michael Bradford, a long time hang glider, ultralight and light plane pilot.
I wrote for a publication, Glider Rider (now Light Sport and Ultralight Flying), that he edited for years and we hadn't talked in some time. 
My loss.
Now, as self-described "recovering smartass" and software writer, Michael keeps his feet in the hang gliding harness boot and can be counted on for eclectic, highly original takes on 'most everything.
But don't take my word for it: check out his blog right here
He calls himself Lazarus Nobody.  The blog's titled: Nobody's Flying Service: Making People Nervous since 1951.
I bet, like me, you will nod and smile as you read through his excellent take on what it means to fly.  I plan to read it over on a regular basis.

No comments: